POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Substraction : Re: Substraction Server Time
19 Jul 2024 07:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Substraction
From: Kitsune e
Date: 1 May 2003 22:25:03
Message: <web.3eb1d626652ba6a980837b940@news.povray.org>
INVALID_ADDRESS wrote:
>This is a volumetric substraction.

Its odd... I read the previous post, and so I know the what and how... but
to me it looks like a spline used to subtract sphere placed along said
spline from another larger sphere.

Like: object{My_sphere translate My_spline(clock)}

plus a loop that says like:
difference{
    Big_sphere
    #while(step<clock)
        object{My_sphere translate My_spline(step)}
        #declare step = step + (1/final_frame)
    #end
}

so that you get a chunk taken out wherever a sphere passes through the
larger sphere.  Though you might not want the steps to be based on the
clock...